Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Who's Afraid of Victoria's Secret Swimwear?

(Above - Crop Rashguard and bikini bottom)
(Magicsuit Covertable One Piece)
(Middle - Teal Magicsuit Firm Control Romper)

Not me!  At last, 2014 has brought a new trend to Victoria's Secret swimwear collection that I've wished for years.  Swimsuits with cap sleeves, more keyhole necklines, and stylish rashgaurd suits, popular with the surfer set are now on the scene.

(Smocked Tankini and hipster)

(Long-sleeved rashgaurd and bikini bottom)

They all have arrived at Victoria's Secret (VS), and I'm no longer afraid to claim my swimsuit. Finally, iCafe Woman Moderne found 12 (yes, you read it right) VS swimsuit styles that are flattering for the average woman's body, which research says is a size 12.

(Magicsuit Firm Control Retro One-Piece)

(magicsuit plunge tankini and mid-rise bottom)


Day 4  of our 31-day Blogging Challenge

Swimsuit shopping is the third item on our Spring To-Do-List, because if you don't do it now, by May the pickings will be very slim.  These styles would look great on most shapes, but some you'll need a tighter middle.  

But hey, that's why we're doing our fun fitness--rebounding.  Did you order yours yet?  I hope you took advantage of the HSN special on the Urban Rebounder this past weekend.  If not, you can click the sidebar links.  And voila! ... Memorial day here we come.

I love the idea of Victoria's Secret, but it's often difficult to picture myself in their swimsuits.  Curvy women tend to shy away from their revealing suits, but this season's crop has given me renewed hope. At least they look great on the screen. 

Some like to make cutting remarks, but the words of the wise, soothe and heal.  Proverbs 12:18

Kiki here ... and Diane ... Miracles and Blessings ...welcome to today's iCafe Woman Moderne's text-webisode: 
"Who's Afraid of Victoria's Secret Swimwear?"  Not us, anymore.

DIANE 
I love the blouson swimsuits. They're great for hiding your middle. Here's another version of the one in the opening scene.  Now the Average Joanie can come out to play and look sharp.

 (Magicsuit Covertable One Piece)

KIKI
Give me a sport swimsuit every time. They're comfortable and not too daring; and allow you to do some serious swimming and body surfing.  Rashguards have been around for decades and gained fashion credo over recent years. I'd prefer a rashguard tankini, but the crop rashguard keeps me on the rebounder a little longer.  That's okay, because it's fun and I'm usually watching my favorite show.  But I definitely wouldn't wear a string bottom.

 (Above - Crop Rashguard and bikini bottom)

DIANE
That's the great part, you can match them up with a bottom that has more coverage.  I gravitate toward the skirts and the hipsters.


(Forever Sexy Tie-Front Tankini and skirted bottom)
  KIKI
Me too.  I also tend to wear boy short tankinis, which would go nice with a rashguard. 

(VS Boy Short)

DIANE
I like that Victoria's Secret has kept some of the retro halter designs.  You can never go wrong with retro. But she also added a New Millennium twist it.  Can you say, unique?  Absolutely, and it tops the cute scale.

 (Strappy Halter and bikini bottom)




No comments: