Friday, January 4, 2013

Say I Do...Modern Vintage


(Shabby Chic Wedding Cake - Amelie's House)


(Hat Box Wedding Cake and Cupcakes - Amelie's House) 

"Be patient and you will finally win, for a soft tongue can break hard bones."  Proverbs 25:15. 

A Shabby Chic Wedding Cake?  A Hat Box Wedding Cake?  A Modern Vintage Wedding Collection?  Anne Hathaway's Blushing Pink Wedding Gown?  Am I dreaming?  No, I'm in wedding heaven.


 (Anne Hathaway's Valentino Wedding Gown)
 

  Happy New Year!  Eventhough I've got wedding gowns on the brain, I stumbled upon this Shabby Chic Wedding Cake in the middle of my recent cyber-travels.  Pinterist led me to Amelie's House, a makey, bakey, cakey place.  I didn't make that up, it's on the website's header.  They're based in the UK.  I've got to have that cake!  I wonder if they ship across the pond. 

Needless to say, I was distracted by the Shabby Chic Wedding Cake.  I had to remind myself that wedding cakes are number two on my Bridal Crap-Still To-Do-List.  That's when I spotted Anne Hathaway's blushing pink Valentino wedding gown.  It's modern vintage at it's best. 

CAKE DISTRACTION OVER... WEDDING GOWN MISSION BACK ON TRACK

 


This brings me to why I'm here today.  Don't you just love this wedding gown too?  I'm Gia, one of iCafe Woman Moderne's D.I.V.A.S (Dynamic, Industrious, Victorious, Artistic and Strong).  Will you excuse me for a second?   




"You can all stop laughing now."   She says to the snickering regulars, watching her host a text-webisode on her pink Macbook.  She turns back to the camera on her laptop. 

Sorry about that, my fellow iCafe Woman Moderne D.I.V.A.S can't believe what I've just done. I can't believe it either.  This is huge for me.  

It all started when I stopped by my favorite virtual cafe a half an hour ago and right away started trolling the wedding gown websites for my dream gown for my May wedding.  I was on a mission.  It didn't matter that my whipped cream melted and my hot chocolate turned cold.   

What was that?  Not you too?  Your hearing is fine.  Yes, I said my May wedding... don't judge me.  I'm already known as PROCRASTINATING PRUDENCE around here.   

Okay, so my  nickname comes honestly.  I'll admit it, I take forever and a day to decide on anything.  But once I commit to researching a project -- whether it's shopping for a cell phone or a vacation destination -- I suddenly morph into Details Debbie.  No detail is missed before I commit.  Hmm... maybe that's why I've been engaged for three years... again, don't judge me. 

MODERN VINTAGE BRIDAL FOUND HERE...

So you can imagine the number of cyber-heads popping up when I yelled five minutes ago:  "Are you kidding me... MODERN VINTAGE... I found my dress!  I still can't believe it.  Who knew Alfred Angelo Bridal had  a MODERN VINTAGE collection.  They all should... pass it on.

Drape Top Lace Mermaid Bridal Gown - Rami Kashou - Cloud Dancer - 6 (Google Affiliate Ad)

MODERN VINTAGE is why we flock to iCafe Woman Moderne. We're modern women and girls with vintage hearts. Anyway, Alfred has my dress and I'm so done wedding dress shopping.  Hallelujah!



I wasted no time making an appointment and pinning  my dress on Pinterist (Feel free to re-pin.) so my bridesmaids can take a peek. Without further adieu, here's my dress.  Maybe I should dye it a soft pink.  I'm still a Barbie girl at heart and an avid collector.




In my head, this look emerges from the smoky interior of Rick's Cafe in the movie Casablanca starring Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman. A pleated bust gives it modern panache.  No veil required, just a flower headpiece or a feather fascinator would do nicely. 

I give each of these modern vintage bridal gems a cute name and a story.  It's what I do.  Enjoy!

OH BY THE WAY, INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW.
Drop us a comment and let us know what you think.

1. My Dream Wedding Gown (above)

  • Net over Lace, Summer Organza, Re-Embroidered Lace,
    Rhinestones, Crystal Beading, Sequins
    Optional Spaghetti Straps
    Chapel Train
  • Sizes: 0 to 26W
  •  $1,099.00                    



2. The Dynasty Gown - Can't you picture Alexis and Krystle Carrington showing up at a gala wearing the same dress, in the same color--most likely black, maybe red?  The netting at the neckline and the rhinestone belt add the right modern surprises.

  • Soft Net over Satin, Satin, Rhinestones,
    Crystal Beading, Pearls, Sequins with Metallic Accents,
    Soft Net Flowers
    Matching Soft Net Cape with Chiffon Floral Detail
    Optional Spaghetti Straps
    Chapel Train
    Also Available without Cape as Style 8503
  • Sizes: 0 to 26W
  • $999.00                    





3. The Flapper - I see this with a lace cloche hat.  Can't you picture this in a Great Gatsby movie?  I love how the lace halter-implied straps say:  Hello, New Millennium Girl... this is your day to sashay.

  • Lace over Charmeuse, Crystal Beading,
    Pearls, Satin Flowers
    Chapel Train
  • Sizes: 0 to 26W
  • Price: Click for price code legendClick for price code legendClick for price code legendClick for price code legend




4. Sienne-derella is in the Castle - This breath-taking gown is this decade's Cinderella Princess gown.  Her prince waits at the altar, and no missing glass slipper needed.

  • Lace, Satin, Soft Net, Re-Embroidered Lace,
    Rhinestones, Crystal Beading, Sequins
    Chapel Train
  • Sizes: 0 to 26W
  • $999.00                    



5. Meet Thoroughly Modern Mariah - You've heard of the 1967 musical film, Thoroughly Modern Millie starring Julie Andrews?  If not, stop by your local library and take out a video.  I'm sure they have it.  This simple, but so elegant gown fits in the 30s to the 70s.  This was my runner-up.

  • Lace over Charmeuse, Rhinestones,
    Crystal Beading, Pearls
    Chapel Train
  • Sizes: 0 to 26W
  • $1,099.00                      

No comments: