Saturday, January 22, 2011

It's All About the Vintage Prom Evening Bags!

 
 
A Formal Vintage Style Glimmer Black Evening Handbag, Black Artifical Diamonds and Sequins Decorated W/shoulder Chain

Tell me, you can't picture Miss Dorothy Dandridge carrying this vintage beaded handbag to a premiere wearing my awesome gold halter prom gown I picked out in our last text-webisode?



Social Networking: The 21st Century Way to Find New Clients

Destiny here, once again I'm hosting today's iCafe Woman Moderne text-webisode:  It's All About the Vintage Prom Evening Bags.  Aunt Kiki sends her Miracles and Blessings, as always. 

"Don't criticize, then you won't be criticized.  For others will treat you as you treat them... "  Matthew 7


If you're new to iCafe Woman Moderne ... welcome to our virtual cafe for inter-generational women (and young divas).  We love hanging out at this cool mid-century Art Moderne home.  I could call it home.

 
I'm flying solo today, but I know exactly the kind of evening bags my girls from ... It's All About the Prom Dress and a Little More text-webisode ... would choose. They all want to go vintage-inspired or actual 1940s, 50s and 60s vintage.  These are my picks.  Would they agree?  Prom time will only tell.

DARIA

Vintage 1940s Black Bead and Lucite Frame Purse 

Let's start with Daria.  To complement her Chinese Cheongsam gown, her mom is loaning her a 1940s black bead and lucite framed purse from her prized handbag collection.  Geez ... I hope she doesn't lose it.





Daria's wearing a red version of the Cheongsam gown Actress Nicole Kidman wore at an award ceremony.


BRITTANY

Vintage Beaded Evening Clutch Bag w/ Chain Handle 

I'm envisioning Brittany in her Lena Horne one-shoulder gown styling and profiling with this white beaded clutch.



Bling and more bling ... that's what Sasha wants to add to her Marilyn Monroe famous halter swing dress.  It's similar to the one you've seen flying up in movie posters everywhere. 




You can't go wrong with this silver and black vintage lace sprinkled with bling rhinestones ... a diva-worthy finish.  After all, diamonds are a girl's best friend ... and a bling-out evening bag.

SASHA


Golden / Black Enchanting Vintage Lace Sprinkle Bling Rhinestones Closure Hard Case Baguette Evening Clutch Purse w/Detachable Shoulder Chain



Nikki's peach flapper dress reminds me of a bed of peach roses in my Aunt Sukie's garden.  


I love this Rosette evening bag.  If only it came in peach, pink or silver.   Maybe it'll work in lime.  Oh, who cares about the color ... it's adorable.

 NIKKI

Rosette Bag (Fuchsia) 
  
Our old movie buff, Miss Bella, can dance the night away and pretend she's Sabrina in a pink and black Givenchy copycat gown with her prom night essentials in a black leather clam shell clutch.

 (Dilettantville)

BELLA 


Rugged Leather Evening Clutch (N 016) (Black)

High Fashion Handbags: Classic Vintage Designs (Schiffer Book)
High Fashion Handbags: Classic Vintage Designs (Schiffer Book)


Well, there you have it.  I told you I'd keep it short and sweet.  You want help finding a vintage dress for your sophmore dance, junior or senior prom?  Then stop by these sites:




Posh Girl Vintage isn't playing around with this $1,300 1980s Nina Ricci gown.  No way does it fit into your prom budget unless you're Kimora Lee Simmons or a Kardashian.  Don't freak, you'll also find affordable dresses at these cool vintage sites.  What can I say, I've got fabulous taste.


1. Posh Girl Vintage
2. Unique Vintage
3. Mod Cloth



You can't be a follower to pull off this long-short dress.  I like! 


4. Sydney's Vintage.com



This pale yellow, strapless polka dot on sheer chiffon makes me think of the movie Hairspray or a Happy Day's episode on TV Land.  Too cute ... right?  


5.Vintageous Vintage Clothing
Purple never looked so classy in this vintage gem.
 


See you next time.  Toodles!


The Pro Resume Writer Program for Income and Independence



No comments: